Five Mile Point Youth Group Camping Area
At Five Mile Point there are two camping areas which offer organized youth groups the opportunity for a primitive-type camping experience in an attractive woodland setting along the shore of Lake Wallenpaupack. The sites are available, without discrimination, to organized youth groups whose basic purpose is the training of children in conservation, outdoor recreation, and good community living.
Facilities provided at each site include two covered picnic tables, a fire ring, trash receptacles, and portable toilets. Drinking water is available at a hand pump well located on the main trail between sites 1 & 2.
Firewood is not provided at this facility, but can be purchased, along with other camping supplies at nearby Ledgedale Recreation Area. Standing timber (dead or alive) may not be cut for firewood or any other reason.
Groups arriving by car should be prepared to carry their camping gear from the parking lot located approximately 1,000 feet from the camping areas. Absolutely no vehicles are allowed beyond the parking area.
Both camping areas are accessible by boat. Boats may be launched at Ledgedale Recreation area for a $8.00 fee. Arrangements should be made to return all vehicles used for launching to the Five Mile Point parking lot. There are no docks at the Five Mile Point shoreline.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Swimming is not permitted at Five Mile Point. A public beach, operated by the local township, is located at the northern end of the lake.
2. Camping sites are available from May 27th to September 30th.
3. Each site shall be limited to a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 26 persons.
4. Fees shall be $50.00 per site per night. Reservations must be made in advance by contacting Ledgedale Recreation Area. Reservations will not be confirmed until payment is received at which time camping permits will be issued by mail. Along with the fee, please indicate the total number of persons and names and contact information for the supervising leaders.
5. If you must cancel, notification must be made to Ledgedale Recreation Area at least 14 days prior to the stay and your deposit will be refunded.
6. Check in time 4pm. Check out time 11am.
7. Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am. Please refrain from boisterous activity during that time.
8. We reserve the right to revoke or terminate any permit for failure to comply with any or all rules and regulations and fees will not be refunded.
9. The campsite shall be subject to inspection and maintenance at any time by representatives of Ledgedale Recreation Area.
10. Arrival and departure must comply with the permit. Storage of any items while the permit is not in effect will not be allowed.
11. Fires are only permitted in supplied fire ring. No burning fires shall be left unattended. Be sure to extinguish all fires before breaking camp.
12. The construction of lean-tos or any other structure is not permitted.
13. No trees, shrubs, or wildflowers shall be cut down, broken, or otherwise injured.
14. A small parking lot is available. Automobiles and other vehicles shall be parked only ion the space provided.
15. All campers must use the provided portable toilets. No digging or depositing of waste is acceptable.
16. The permittee shall be responsible for the following:
Provide minimum supervision of one adult for each 10 youth camper.
Keep the campground and shoreline clean, neat, and orderly and do all possible to maintain a natural environment.
Maintain health and safety standards.